Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bouncing Balls and Platypus...es.. us... Platypi?

It seems that the bouncing ball and modifications of it are where animators start. At first it seems repetitive and monotonous. Let me just say something: everything is a damn bouncy ball with a tail. Evvveeerrryyytthhhiiiing.

Today we handed in the last of our bouncing balls (you can go anywhere you want with that) and we move onto actual characters after break. We were all assigned a random animal and I got this:



The platypus is a weird animal aint it? A mammal that lays eggs, has a duck bill, a poisonous barb and an otter tail. Mother nature must have gone on break, come back, looked at her animal engineers and gone "Wtf guys. Seriously?" Or maybe the instructions were in metric. I think I'll have to stop writing here... Samurai Jack is kicking the asses of a ton of short monkey guys and I can't look away so here's one of my ball bounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment